Monday, 6 April 2009

Intercultural Readiness Self Assessment

Characteristic: Open-mindedness
Current Self estimate: 60
Target after trip: 80
Comment and/or learning strategy
I tried to be more open-mindedness towards most of things. Trying to adapt to such happenings around me. Though sometimes really do not dare, i still try to overcome it.

Characteristic: Respect for other beliefs
Current Self estimate: 70
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Living in a group, we got to be mindful of our words. This trip does not include only myself as there lots of people around and we got to respect to.

Characteristic: Trust in other people
Current Self estimate: 50
Target after trip: 80
Comment and/or learning strategy
Trusting on one another is a must to do. Sometimes, we got to be careful too. We do not know when we will be sabotage by others.

Characteristic: Tolerance for discomfort
Current Self estimate: 70
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
To me, I should be already prepared for any discomfort. Living in a discomfort ways helps us to grow even mature and able to think much more for others.

Characteristic: Tolerance for ambiguity
Current Self estimate: 50
Target after trip: 80
Comment and/or learning strategy
Towards anything that I not sure, I tried to ask for an understanding. As it is hard for us to know nothing that we got to know.

Characteristic: Patience
Current Self estimate: 40
Target after trip: 70
Comment and/or learning strategy
I am a quite impatient person especially towards others who taking its own sweet time. Now, I have change more than what I am expected. Trying to accommodate to their actions as not everyone think about the same.

Characteristic: Sense of personal control
Current Self estimate: 60
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Towards certain control there are. Mind-controlling for me would be sometimes thought first before I act it out. Money-controlling, I tried to spend it wisely, not just buy things I liked got to really think of other aspect.

Characteristic: Interpersonal skills
Current Self estimate: 40
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Slowly after interact with those china students. I tend to be a little chatty if not sometimes I just keep quiet and listened to others for what they have to say.

Characteristic: Willingness to take initiative
Current Self estimate: 30
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Being initiative to me is a must. Just that sometimes would not know whether when to lend a helping hands to others. As long as you need any help, just can just approach me.

Characteristic: Willingness to take risks
Current Self estimate: 10
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Risking as in what type of risks as long as it is not anything that is dangerous. I should be able to take it. Like lots of challenges.

Characteristic: Sense of humor
Current Self estimate: 30
Target after trip: 70
Comment and/or learning strategy
Speaking of humor, I cannot really make any good jokes. At least with my friends I will not make them feel bored. Got to really learn how to crack jokes to improve the atmosphere. Sometimes, my secondary school friends say that I am good making jokes so I not sure about myself anyway…

Characteristic: Curiosity about other cultures
Current Self estimate: 90
Target after trip: 100
Comment and/or learning strategy
Coming to this trip, one thing I learn was to learn about others culture and history. The cultures here were totally different from ours. It a very rare opportunity for us to learn.

Characteristic: Comfort level with strangers
Current Self estimate: 70
Target after trip: 90
Comment and/or learning strategy
Since I had been communicating with most of the students in China, the level of comfort with strangers will not be as low as what I used to be before. Plus, I also was working so I can be able to handle the comfort level with strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment